Monday, January 27, 2014

            


              The environment that I am immersed in fosters and develops me as a high performance athlete. I have been incredibly fortunate to have been born and raised in Edmonton. It has provided me with tremendous opportunities that I am just beginning to comprehend. Whether it’s a new beginning or at a crossroads through life, this City has given each and everyone of us an opportunity to succeed.
            
             Now what makes a City a great? Is it the climate? Or its relative location to geographical amenities such as lakes, mountains, and oceans? I believe it is the people who shape the city. They create what we see around the world today. The decision makers of yesterday have always considered the effects of policy decisions on future generations. From civic policy, to hosting world class events, the legacy of these choices is where the true value is held. These individuals have utilized their influence to provide opportunities they never had offered to them. In doing so, they contribute to the increased well-being of future generations and in the process, increase the value of a City’s greatest asset: its citizens.
           
             This philosophy reaches beyond the halls of 1 Sir Winston Churchill Square and is found in the offices of the local businesses across Edmonton. Footprint Developments has provided me an opportunity to seek warmer climates to better prepare myself for my upcoming season, something that I am extremely thankful for. In doing so, Footprint has provided me the “footprint” for success and without this support I would not be able to maximize my potential.


Thank you,


Jason Jama

No comments:

Post a Comment